Software engineer – Belgium
The purpose of Urban Harvest is to provide the new generation of urban farmers with a solution to produce leafy greens in a vertical farm in an ecological and financially sustainable way.
Urban Harvest is built around the people, their skills, and their interest to do things different, better, and most importantly in such a way which also gives them what is needed to develop themselves.
As the first software focussed person in our start-up you will shape our methodologies and define the architecture of our technical solutions. You will also be responsible for developing the proof-of-concepts of this software to validate the architecture you have defined.
Your focus is on developing the backend solutions however you are not afraid to also develop and implement a frontend to your applications.
This is an engineering role in which you will be responsible for building a scalable backend system to control the farming systems and support the farmers in their farming operations.
What are we looking for?
• Motivated by the purpose of Urban Harvest.
• Master’s in computer science, Software engineering or equivalent.
• Relevant experience from working and/ or non-professional projects (1-3 years).
• Proficiency in Node JS /Java / … . Knowledge of python is a plus.
• Proficiency with a version control system such as Git.
• Experience working with a diverse set of databases.
• Ability to design and implement RESTful microservices based on user-research.
• Set priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills to work effectively within and across teams.
What you’ll do?
• As a software engineer you will be responsible designing and implementing the Urban Harvest farm control software.
• Utilize Object-oriented design, domain driven design and analysis skills to design and implement backend-end software.
• Maintain a rigorous standard for deploying clean, tested code in a highly collaborative environment with rapid iteration.
• Create tooling, automation, and documentation to facilitate others in deploying, operating, and extending your code.
What do we offer?
• A full-time position based in Brussels (close to metro stops Clemanceau and Delacroix).
• A young, dynamic and fast-growing team where you will make a difference.
• Freedom to develop yourself.
• Flexible working hours with a competitive salary.
Please reach out to us with your CV and motivation letter. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are driven to reduce the amount of resources used by agriculture. This is not just a job it is a lifestyle.
Join the (r)evolution.